Friday, October 17, 2008


Watching the Red Sox make an incredible comeback tonight, down by 7 runs in the 7th inning. To then comeback and win the game 8-7. Just incredible.

Guess even I can make a comeback. Where has the time gone?

Since I last posted so much has happened in the Nord Kitchen. One child graduated from high school and left for the University of Vermont in September. Another spent the summer in Scotland and the third grudgingly stayed home. But was able to watch baseball at Fenway Park, including a playoff game. Not a bad life.

The Tomato plants have come and gone. A rainy summer produced a lower yield so most of the tomato sauce has already been consumed. It will be a long winter. This year I'm experimenting with freezing whole tomatoes. I'll let you know how that works out.

We also discovered homemade ice cream and experimented with lots of new flavors. New cookbooks have appeared on the kitchen counter while I continue to work on my own book. More to come later....

No comments: